Last Updated: March 5, 2012
- The kinds of Personal Information we collect from users of the Site and how that information is collected;
- How we use your Personal Information;
- The circumstances under which we disclose Personal Information to third parties;
- How you can access, update or delete Personal Information collected about you by us on the Site; and
- The mechanisms we have implemented to protect your Personal Information.
Accuracy and ConfidentialityIt is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful and accurate information and to keep the Personal Information and other business information that you provide to us up to date. We cannot and will not be responsible for any problems or liability that may arise if you do not give us accurate, truthful or complete information or you fail to update the information you give us. You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your user name and password, if applicable, and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not us, are solely responsible and liable for your activity, behavior, use and conduct on the Site and for any use of the Site or any other activity or conduct in connection with the Site by any others who use your user name or password, unless and until you notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (800) 685-7557 that your user name or password may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken or used by another party.
TechnologyWhen you access the Site, our web servers may automatically recognize and collect non-personally identifiable information. We use technology (e.g., small data files that may be stored on your computer that are referred to as ‘cookies,’ electronic image requests known as “web beacons” or “single-pixel gifs”, and files stored on your computer called “local shared objects”). Some of this technology can recognize you as you browse or when you return to our Site. Technology may also collect the type of operating system and browser you are using and accumulate and report anonymous, statistical information on Site usage. Technology shows us how our customers use our Site and allows us to give you a more personalized experience when you use our Site. These types of technology generally do not collect, gather, monitor or share any Personal Information; they are used to compile anonymous information about Site usage. We do not use technology to detect or collect Personal Information, but we may combine the data collected by this technology with Personal Information you do give us in order to send you information that may be of interest. Some Internet browsers allow you to change the settings and stop it from automatically accepting certain technology such as cookies. Some media players, such as Flash, allow you to manage local shared objects. If you do change these settings, it may affect your ability to use certain features and functions on our Site and you may need to re-enter information when you browse or when you return to our Site. You should consult with the publisher or licensor of your browser and media players if you want to change the settings or are experiencing trouble browsing our Site. By using our Site, you consent to our use of tracking technologies as described above.
How Hanesbrands Uses Your InformationWe may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to respond to your requests (including, for example, to process orders; answer a comment or question or to receive product information or a catalog; post a testimonial; or to enroll you in an email program)
- to ship products to you and obtain payment from you for such products
- to improve the content, appearance and utility of the Site
- to trace our visitors’ use of the Site for internal research purposes
- to invite you to participate in market research or beta tests of Site functionality under development
- to provide any necessary notices to our visitors and to notify our visitors of updates to the Site
- to send catalogs, printed materials, offers and other announcements to postal addresses and to allow our affiliates and other reputable third party marketers to do the same
- to send e-mail offers, announcements, or newsletters to your e-mail address and to allow our affiliates to do the same
- to provide any necessary notices to our visitors
- to provide referral information to other visitors to the Site
Updating Your InformationIf you registered on our Site, except for Personal Information needed to complete your purchase of products, if any, and in the event the Site does not have a “My Account” link to pages containing the information you wish to access, you may request that: (i) we correct or update your Personal Information stored in your customer-facing account with us; (ii) your Personal Information not be provided to third parties; or (iii) such Personal Information be removed from our active marketing databases. To make such a request, you may send an e-mail to email@example.com, write to Hanesbrands Inc., Imagewear Database, Group PO Box 3019, Winston-Salem, NC 27102, or call toll free 1-800-685-7557. When contacting us, please be sure to provide us with your company name, exact e-mail address, full name, postal address, and/or telephone number(s) in order to be sure we handle your request correctly. In addition, each time we send you an e-mail marketing message, we give you the option to unsubscribe from the applicable brand’s promotional e-mail list by simply clicking the unsubscribe link. We may, however, continue to contact you via e-mail for administrative or informational purposes, including follow-up messages regarding the administration of your account, any services, features or functions you have enrolled in or registered to use, any promotions or contests you have participated in or have entered, goods and/or services you have ordered, or other transactions you have undertaken with the Site.
SecurityWe maintain reasonable standards of security and confidentiality. However, for most Internet sites, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We conduct financial transactions via secured transmissions but may not always secure other parts of the Site. We also limit access to the Site by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes.
Hanesbrands Inc.Imagewear Database Group
PO Box 3019
Winston-Salem, NC 27102
c/o Privacy Administrator
© 2017 Hanesbrands Inc. All Rights Reserved.